- 13-Feb-2017 to 27-Feb-2017 (CST)
- Taylor, TX, USA
- Part Time
The Bishop is the visible principle and foundation of unity in the particular Church (the diocese) entrusted to him. In a unique and visible way, he makes Christ's mission present and enduring as Shepherd of the Christian Community. In order to fulfill his mission, the Bishop employs suitable, chosen collaborators (clerics, religious, or lay people). He shares with them the apostolic mission and entrusts various responsibilities to them.
Each position employed in the Diocese of Austin helps to extend the ministry of the Bishop in particular ways as outlined in the job description. Therefore, the employee in this position is closely connected to and assists the Bishop in the performance of his ministry and thereby engages in ministry for the church.
The Bookkeeper is responsible for all aspects of accounting: G/L, A/R, A/P, PR including preparing all payroll reports and payment of PR taxes. In addition, the bookkeeper is accountable for school funds and must meet deadlines to avoid financial penalties. The position reports to the Parish Auditor and Parish Financial Advisor and operates under close supervision with limited latitude for the use of independent judgment and initiative.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provide bookkeeping services to the school and prepare payroll, associated taxes and reports.
- Provide bank deposits and record receipts.
- Prepare vouchers including coding and payment of outstanding invoices.
- Process A/R and A/P requests including check preparation.
- Reconcile school books.
- Prepare financial statement requested.
- Perform accounting functions associated with the Web based (FACTS) school payment software program.
- Keep filing and paperwork up to date.
- Maintain a work schedule and attendance as directed by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of QuickBooks and Excel software.
- Skill in accounting and bookkeeping.
- Skill in attention to detail.
- Skill in operating various word-processing software, spreadsheets, and database programs.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and work effectively with staff, clergy, religious and laity.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and utilize effective time management techniques.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to carry out multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to follow instructions furnished in verbal or written format.
Education and Trainings:
- High School Diploma or GED acceptable to Texas Education Agency.
- Three (3) years of full-time wage earning related work experience.
- Must be a practicing Roman Catholic in good standing.
- Valid Texas driver's license.
- Must maintain compliance with the Diocese of Austin Ethics and Integrity in Ministry (EIM) policies throughout the employment period.