- 10-Jan-2017 to 24-Jan-2017 (CST)
- Catholic Schools Office
- Austin, TX, USA
- Full Time
PTO, Health Insurance, 403(b)
The Bishop is the visible principle and foundation of unity in the particular Church (the diocese) entrusted to him. In a unique and visible way, he makes Christ's mission present and enduring as Shepherd of the Christian Community. In order to fulfill his mission, the Bishop employs suitable, chosen collaborators (clerics, religious, or lay people). He shares with them the apostolic mission and entrusts various responsibilities to them.
Each position employed in the Diocese of Austin helps to extend the ministry of the Bishop in particular ways as outlined in the job description. Therefore, the employee in this position is closely connected to and assists the Bishop in the performance of his ministry and thereby engages in ministry for the church.
The Coordinator for the Office of Catholic Schools assists the Superintendent and Assistant Superintendent in supporting the activities and services of the Office of Catholic Schools. The position reports to the Superintendent and operates under moderate supervision with some latitude for the use of independent judgment and initiative.
Essential Job Duties:
- Perform daily office activities in support of the Superintendent and Assistant Superintendent, including answering telephones, taking messages, correspondence, document preparation, process check requests and check deposits, and maintain, organize and update Catholic School files and records.
- Gather and organize data and information, for meetings, special projects, and reports.
- Prepare presentation materials, such as agendas, packets, handouts, and slides.
- Serve as the Principal Designated School Official (PDSO) for U.S. Department of Homeland Security for the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP).
- Coordinate various projects, including but not limited to, Diocesan Science Fair, Diocesan Faculty/Staff Institute, and National Merit Scholar Reception.
- Assist with the Annual Celebrating Catholic Schools Event.
- Provide administrative support to Austin DeBusk Enrichment Center for Academically Talented Students (DECATS).
- Serve as coordinator for the Alliance of Catholic Education (ACE) teachers.
- Coordinate the corporate internship program for the San Juan Diego Catholic High School students.
- Maintain a work schedule that maximizes availability to parishes, schools, diocesan staff, and other customers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to operate various word-processing software, spreadsheets, database programs and file management.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and work effectively with staff, clergy, religious and laity.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, carry out multiple tasks, meet deadlines and utilize effective time management techniques.
- Ability to respect confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing, clearly and accurately.
- Ability to follow instructions furnished in verbal or written format.
Education and Trainings:
- High School Diploma or GED certificate acceptable to the Texas Education Agency.
- Two (2) years of full time wage earning experience in administrative support.
- Must be a practicing Roman Catholic in good standing.
- Valid Texas driver's license.
- Must maintain compliance with the Diocese of Austin Ethics and Integrity in Ministry (EIM) policies throughout the employment period.