- 16-Feb-2017 to 01-Mar-2017 (CST)
- Cedarbake Retreat Center
- Belton, TX, USA
- Full Time
PTO, Health Insurance, 403(b)
The Bishop is the visible principle and foundation of unity in the particular Church (the diocese) entrusted to him. In a unique and visible way, he makes Christ's mission present and enduring as Shepherd of the Christian Community. In order to fulfill his mission, the Bishop employs suitable, chosen collaborators (clerics, religious, or lay people). He shares with them the apostolic mission and entrusts various responsibilities to them.
Each position employed in the Diocese of Austin helps to extend the ministry of the Bishop in particular ways as outlined in the job description. Therefore, the employee in this position is closely connected to and assists the Bishop in the performance of his ministry and thereby engages in ministry for the church.
The Caretaker is responsible for setting up meeting rooms for weekend retreats, greeting guests, facility maintenance, and security of buildings. The position will require a floating schedule that be adjusted to fit the needs of guests at Cedarbrake. The Caretaker is on-call Monday thru Thursday during the hours outside of the scheduled hours on those same days. Living quarters for the Caretaker are provided onsite. The position reports to the Cedarbrake Director and operates under close supervision with little latitude for the use of independent judgment and initiative.
Essential Job Duties:
- Repair of basic Plumbing & Electrical Repairs.
- Greet people as they arrive to the retreat center.
- Coordinate facility maintenance and clean-up and interface regularly with lead housekeeper.
- Set up and take down meeting rooms chairs, tables, audio visual equipment.
- Provide weekend security for all buildings and grounds lock buildings, check alarm systems.
- Maintain chapel and library, including altar clothes and linens.
- Required to serve on-call during times as scheduled by the supervisor.
- Maintain a work schedule that maximizes availability to parishes, diocesan staff and other customers or clients.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and work effectively with staff, clergy, religious and laity.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and utilize effective time management techniques.
- Ability to carry out multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to follow instructions furnished in verbal or written format.
Education and Trainings:
- High School Diploma or GED acceptable to Texas Education Agency.
- Two (2) years of full time wage earning related work experience is required.
- Valid Texas driver's license.
- Must maintain compliance with the Diocese of Austin Ethics and Integrity in Ministry (EIM) policies throughout the employment period.